| Stuart A. Burrell
Carnegie PhD Scholar in Pure Mathematics
School of Mathematics and Statistics
University of St Andrews
Phone: +44 (0) 1334 463744
- Fractal Geometry
- Dimension Theory
- Dynamical Systems
I am a PhD student in pure mathematics and part of the analysis research group at the University of St Andrews.
My current research is on fractal geometry and related fields in analysis, supervised by Dr Jonathan Fraser and Professor Kenneth Falconer, and funded by a scholarship from the Carnegie Trust.
A CV is available here. When not doing Mathematics, you'll find me rock climbing or in the beautiful mountains of Scotland.
My Google Scholar citations page can be found here.
- On the dimension and measure of inhomogeneous attractors, arXiv
- GAP Semigroups package: implemented methods to decide the order and torsion problems of natural and tropical matrix semigroups.
- GAP Digraphs package: implementated methods for computing simple circuits.
- A brief note on the dimension of inhomogeneous attractors, Dynamics Days Europe, University of Loughborough, September 2018.
- A universal upper bound on the dimension of inhomogeneous attractors, British Mathematical Colloquium, June 2018
- On the dimension and measure of inhomogeneous attractors, Pure Analysis Seminar, University of St Andrews, April 2018.
- An introduction to inhomogeneous attractors, Pure Postgraduate Seminar, University of St Andrews, April 2018.
- Fractal geometry in nature and art, Carnegie Gathering, The Royal Society of Edinburgh, February 2018.
- An introduction to iterated function systems, Postgraduate Interdisciplinary Mathematics Symposium, Scotland, Februrary 2018.
- Dimension of inhomogeneous self-conformal and self-affine sets, St Andrews Research Day, January 2018.
- Inhomogeneous attractors and upper box dimension, Institut Mittag-Leffler, Sweden, December 2017, slides, abstract.
- Introduction to trace contrast methods, Estimating animal abundance and density using acoustic data workshop, South Africa, January 2017.
- Trace contrast methods in acoustic space, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, South Africa, January 2017, slides.
- Sequential Monte Carlo in population dynamics, St Andrews, 2016, slides.
- MT2502 Analysis, Tutor, Autumn 2018
- MT1002 Mathematics, Tutor and Computer Demonstrator, Spring 2018
- MT1002 Mathematics, Tutor and Computer Demonstrator, Autumn 2017
- MT2508 Statistical Inference, Tutor, Autumn 2016
- MT1003 Pure and Applied Mathematics, Tutor, Autumn 2016
- MT2000 Python Workshop, Tutor, Autumn 2016.
- MT2504 Combinatorics and Probability, Tutor, Autumn 2016.
- Academic Tutor for the Centre for Academic and Professional Development, St Andrews
- SMSTC Council Student Representative 2016-2017
- Sequential Monte Carlo in Population Dynamics, University of St Andrews, 2016
- The Order Problem for Natural and Tropical Matrix Semigroups in GAP, University of St Andrews, 2016